“PACK LIGHT” is every expert’s advice…
… but what are those essential items you need?
The Swagman staff were asked which one item they would never travel without:
1. Smartphone – yes, but not to keep in touch – it’s a handy pocket-sized clock with alarm, torch, and camera.
2. Charging cord/s and/or power bank for above and possibly a separate digital camera.
3. Sunglasses – for glare whether the sun is out or not and, if they have bling, a quick glamorous headband.
4. Insect repellent – you’ll never know if, when and who those critters will feast on – don’t let it be you.
5. Light waterproof jacket, preferably with a hood – to repel the elements in all climates.
6. Sarong – it’s a towel/skirt/dress/sunshade/light blanket/tarpaulin/cushion/pillow/cleaning cloth all in one.
7. Sturdy & comfortable walking shoes for exploring – and game drive vehicles have been known to break down!…
8. Eyedrops, lip balm & nasal spray – ok, three items but small – to refresh and soothe in windy & dry conditions, inside & outdoors.
9. Laundry bag – to keep the fresh clothes fresh…
10. Travel card – loaded to access money for unexpected activities & emergency souvenirs 🙂
Other items of priority include thongs, buff, chambray long-sleeved shirt, crushable dress/trousers, hair ties/scrunchies,
and a Swagman Tours cap to top it all off.